Tuesday, August 6, 2013

CCM take 2!

Well well well, week 2 is done! Ill try to figure out some pictures this time! I figure I need to write more about what life in the CCM is actually like...

La comida! Its actually not that bad. Breakfast is always cereal, with a choice between the Mexican variety of Cocoa Pebbles, Froot Loops, and Frosted Flakes. The milk is boxed and sometimes warm, and super sweet. It took me a while to get used to it, but I love it now! There are usually waffles and pancakes, but they dont do syrup, only honey, strawberry syrup, or hersheys syrup. And theyre really dry, so I usually just stick with cereal and a pastry! Lunch is pretty good, and I think its when I eat the most. Theres always soup, which can sometimes be good or a mystery, a meat dish, like beef and vegetables or chicken or fish with a sauce, theres always rolls and tortillas, and usually theres refried beans, rice, and\or vegetables. sometimes the meat is also a mystery, but usually its pretty good, so I try to taste everything! Dinner is about the same, but with tons of dessert pastries and cereal again! I love the cereal so much. And the pastries are usually pretty good, too!

Ive got to tell more about our district! They really become your family at the CCM, even though Ive only known them for like 2 weeks. I think I can finally attach pictures! Ive got to apologize for my awkwardness, I felt weird standing in front, haha. So on the left is Elders Cutler and Sumsion, and theyre going to South Carolina and New Jersey, then theres Hermanas Henrie and Broadhead, and theyre both going to El Salvador. Theyre the best! Then me and mi compaƱera, Hermana Taufoou, whos going to nicaragua, then the two elders next to her, the one right in front of the other, are Elders Elowitt and Edson, going to Washington state and Texas, and then Elders Davis and Wareham, going to San Diego and Las Vegas! We are a very diverse group, hahah. Theyre so much fun! Were kind of to the point where its hard to study, but were starting to make goals for study time so we can get more work done, haha.

Thats also our classroom. We basically spend most of our day in there, which was only bad for the first few days when my bottom hurt really bad. sometimes we get really tired of it and we have to take a walk outside, but most of the time we dont mind being inside, especially when it rains.

We just finished with our first investigator, Lisa! Everyone only gets a limited number of meetings with her, and we committed her to baptism on the last one! I cant believe we got to that point, it was really exciting. It was super funny, at the end of the day Hermana Taufoou turns to me and was like "we asked someone to be baptized today, and they said yes. Were missionaries!!" it was a very exciting moment!

Now we have Holly as a new investigator, who actually is kind of like Lisa but easier, cause we got a strong maybe and definite desire to be baptized from her in the first visit! We also will meet Lucas tomorrow, another investigator, that I think is supposed to be a lot more difficult. But its all good practice!

All the teachers here are from provo, and they come in 6 week waves just like the districts. We now have 2 teachers. We still have Hermano Klabacka in the mornings, and now we have Hermana Arbon in the afternoons. They are the ones that play our investigators, so its a little weird sometimes, but I really like the practice that we get, and by now Im super grateful that they threw an investigator at us on our 3rd day here.

I really love the CCM a lot! Sundays are so great, but fast sunday was a little hard cause they make you fast from saturday night to sunday at lunch time, which I am not used to at all. Theres also some weird rules, like no cameras except on pday, and no sitting with the opposite gender in the cafeteria. a little strange, but I still like it a lot!

Except bugs. We played volleyball as a district last thrusday, and I seriously got 8 bugbites, including one on my forehead. And I keep getting more each night! And there was a fat spider this morning crawling around by our suitcases. It was seriously bigger than a quarter. blegh.

They also have given us really nice filtered water bottles, that basically take any bad stuff out, including chlorine flavor.

Guys, the CCM is great! Everyone go read Alma 26, when Ammon is just boasting about Heavenly Father. I seriously love Ammon, even though hes kind of a drama queen. He faints all the time when he gets super happy and spiritual, hahah. But I just love how he is so happy to just be a simple tool in the Lords hands. Im only in the CCM, but the joy of missionary work is real! And I know with faith, I and all the other missionaries and future missionaries, can find strength and power in the Lord and be a tool in His hands.

I love you all!

Hermana Watkins

I hope all the photos load! One is our district, one is the view from our casa each morning, and the last one should be mi y mi compaƱera!

Unfortunately, only two of Trish's photos loaded, and they are not the photos she described, but here they are!




No comments:

Post a Comment